Biography

Sweet Peas started as a hobby of mine. I spent many years working as a graphic designer. When we had our second baby, it didn't make sense for me to go back to the 40 hour week and for that matter, I didn't want to. I wanted to be home to do school events and playdates with my kids. I work part time as a cashier at Busch's grocery store to get myself out of the house a few hours and to occasionally get out with grown ups.

I needed to come up with a name for my new business so started trying to think of something that had some meaning to me. My husband would often call me "P". When our oldest, was born, she was nicknamed Peanut. When number 2 came along, she was nicknamed Pumpkin. All those "P" names just had to mean something. Since my girls both have "P" nicknames and they are, for the most part, sweet, it just made sense.

My goal is to be able to have a small but thriving photography business. I also hope one day to be a photographer for Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep Foundation, organization that is very meaningful to me. To see what they do, go to http://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/